Monday, April 4, 2011

Go-Daddy-Fun!

Shit. I love commerce in America, "auto-renew" things and corporate branding bullshit about how they're all about the customer. I really do get a kick out of this sort of stuff but, No. They're all about the profit line -and, that is their perogative.

Well, here I am trying to fend off a costly "auto-renew" attack via Go Daddy for two domains I don't want anymore. The efficiency and diligence they display while trying to collect the money is impressive and outstanding (actually, they already have it due to the effectiveness of the auto-renew thing and, I want it back). Adversely, the efficiency and diligence they display in not returning my email(S) or letting me get through to an actual human being in "customer support" within a relatively decent time frame is, expected.

Today I placed my fourth call. I hit the prompt for "customer support" and I get notified that my wait time is 8 minutes. 5 minutes go by and I have arrived at my lunch destination so I figure I'll have to try later, unfortunately. I try later and end up on hold for longer than the "estimated" 7 minute wait time. Now, I know they're busy people and they do value my business and do appreciate me as a customer. They repeatedly told me so many times while on hold. Even though they value the shit out of me, I can't really spend half the day on hold so I decide to try something new. I go ahead and call again and hit the prompt for the sales department and was astonished to hear that I have a 15 minute wait in front of me! I figure that I'll try to stick it out and, to my amazement, someone came on the line after just 3 minutes! Now THAT is dedication to the customer! I mean shit, I want to cancel some services and I can just fucking wait, but when I call the sales line that boasts an even higher "estimated" wait time, I get a cheery-voiced, attentive sales person on the phone as soon as they could mobilize one! "Awesome". I ended up getting transferred by the sales person back to customer support, where I waited approximately 10 minutes of the "estimated" 6 minute wait time. Damn...

Only in America!

~ZFJ

6 comments:

Soffansays said...

move your domains. http://mashable.com/2011/03/31/godaddy-ceo-elephant/

Zero Fun John said...

Thanks!

I don't even want them though.

~ZFJ

Lynelle said...

go daddy did the same to me.. and i gave up a long time ago...
i have owned and paid for leffertsdesign.com since 2002... so annoying. but i came to the conclusion that id rather pay the $8 a year than go through the above mentioned frustrations.

Lynelle said...

they win.

Soffansays said...

oh! so sorry, i haven't actually read one of your blogs all the way through in months. i just saw "godaddy" & thought i'd pass along the boycott. ;)

Zero Fun John said...

Well Soffansays, the blog has only been up since mid-February! So, you not having read a full post in "months" is not a true statement now is it??? It could only have been "I haven't read a full post in a month and a half..."

So, get reading!

Lynelle,

Thank YOU for reading a full post and for your advice on resigning to my Go-Daddy fate...I will blow up their damn building...

~ZFJ