Friday, February 18, 2011

Vote for Zero Fun John!

I'm going to lower taxes!!

But first, a recent post from a reader who goes by the moniker, "E".

"Zero Fun John: So what DID you create? You are defending yourself but remain very vague... Demetrios said he has no beef with you but an opinion about some of the stuff you wrote in your post... You are so defensive, what gives? Calling one of your readers irrelevant and telling him he doesn't mean much to you kind of defeats the purpose of having a blog in the first place... How about being grateful for someone taking the time to read your post and even better: Taking the time to write you back... He's entitled to an opinion, and if he really doesn't mean that much, then Again: Why so defensive? E."

Well, I WAS going to make tens of dollars on this blog and rule The Universe until you came along!! Just kidding...not being defensive but...ME AM MAD AT YOU SAYING ME IS DEFENSIVE!!!! Okay, ok...seriously, what I've created is strong friendships, great relationships with people I love and care for, I helped create a great little kid named Jack, I have created music, I've helped to create events, I've created very real comradery with many people, I've created this blog...I am currently creating another record with my band.

To be literal, a lot of the subject matter that you've translated pertains to my band Swillmerchants. Whether people will own up to it or not. It is what it is. Or, am I really just a narcissist???

I don't feel defensive but rather offensive. Demetrios did accuse me of making something "personal". I do care and it is my personal opinion, yes...Maybe a word or two was too harsh for someone's particular taste? It's hard to make a distinction when you don't know ALL the information involved. Right? Or you don't know all "sides" or opinions,...I'll say what I feel is "real" and relevant to my personal life (foreshadowing) in this blog. Now, please enjoy an excerpt from Wikipedia about Blogs:

"The modern blog evolved from the online diary, where people would keep a running account of their personal lives."

So, for reference here are the blog topics I posted, in order:

1) Wrote about events from Saturday night's show and referenced a conversation about people feeling that the show could be the beginning of a new "scene". Great conversation. Shitty band attittudes.

2) Wrote, half asleep at work, about Northampton and Springfield "Scenes" as I perceive them.

3) Responded to Demetrios post which came out after a Facebook Status update of his the other day which was directed at my post, which led me to his blog somehow, which was directed at my amazing "narcissism".

4) This blog post.

I never even referenced the man, never mentioned feeling that my band is "superior", never credited myself with creating a "scene" and actually did not think of him or bands I referenced in a negative light. I did say WE created something though.

~ZFJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a persian war monger.