Monday, June 6, 2011

Lighting the path

Hello readers. It's been a minute since I last posted because I've been rather busy livin the dream recently. So anyway, I'm just stopping in today with a post about something I really like. That's what you want to read about isn't it???

I love flashlights.

Seriously, I was reminded of this again last evening when Matt was flashing a blue light around from the bottom of his lighter. Wow! I must have one of those soon. I think my genuine love and appreciation for these illuminating gadgets, affectionately known as "flashlights", started during my time as an exterminator. Yeah, that's right I use the term EXTERMINATOR. I'll pass on the "PC" term of "Pest Control Operator" because I am so bad-ass. Anyway, in those days I was in constant search of light sources that kicked ass. I mean, crawling around in a dark crawlspace (bad-ass) with a flimsy, timid light just won't do. Who knows what dangers await in a dark basement or crawlspace? African Death Beetles?? Rats?? Lower Mogolian Venom Spiders??? Right. I'd rather be able to see what's coming for me.

I once had a flashlight (rechargeable of course) that was so powerful it could hit low lying clouds. True fact. Shit, when vermin and other creatures saw that beam hit the dark corners of the crawl space where they layed in wait for me, they knew that they were soon to be on the business end of a pest "treatment". No escape from my light and my power from there.

Well, If you made it to the end of this post, you must be really bored. Or you thought something might possibly have been shared in here for you to take away? Nope. Unless you were "on the fence" about how awesome flashlights are that is. If now you understand the power of having a device in your hand that can project light wherever you aim it, then I have truly succeeded.

~ZFJ

3 comments:

Anne said...

I want a flashlight that can reach low lying clouds....

jf said...

I had a million candlepower flashlight, but it died after one charge. I want my $9.99 back.

Zero Fun John said...

Jer,

I've had my heart broken one too many times with those lantern style lights. They promise the world but just can't consistently stay intact.

My light was a high end bad-ass light and lasted so, so long. It was the catalyst for many a deceased bug.

~ZFJ