Thursday, May 3, 2012

Your money, their money, my money

This is going to be a rant...shit, I haven't even had time to write shit in the last month, and I'm pissed about it. The last few days have just really slapped me in the face with regards to things like money, financial services markets, bills and all sorts of other bullshit. Your bank makes an error in your favor. It is fixed in seconds. Your bank makes an error in their favor. It takes 14-30 days to reflect changes. Neat-o! Your cell phone bill -wildly overpriced as it is- comes out at $667 dollars (!!!!!!!WTF?!?!?) for 100 minutes over the call plan. Fucking wow on that one. Six hundred and sixty seven dollars. For. A. Fucking. Phone. YAY!! You get a hard lesson about financial services markets of the world, particularly pushed and perpetuated in America, and how there is zero, I mean zero, regard for the consumer/borrower. Instead, elaborate and confusing facades are developed, with many, many layers, to lead us all down the primrose path .....but it devastates some people along the way. Their defense? "You should have read what you were signing." They should change their efforts to reflect some manner of ethics, actually.,,,thankfully, some very active people in our state have initiated some changes. My iphone. I bought a Garageband app awhile ago. It's awesome. They notify me of an upgrade and I go to install it. Nope!!! It tells me I don't have enough "icloud storage" for this app. The app that I already paid for, was previously installed, and now has an available upgrade. I go buy more storage. Still can't load the upgrade for some fucking reason.....I'm sure there will be an opportunity to pay them more money so I can get the app installed that I already paid for. I swear to fucking God, if we all let them keep selling us stuff, they would take every last fucking penny we have...forcing smiles as they take the money, with "customer service" robots at-the-ready, to comfort us as they read from their canned fucking scripts when we call with a problem. The call may/will result in even more offers to buy services or items that will resolve our issues, surely. Insurance; Bullshit; Sinkholes; scams. You pay plenty of money to them but their entire function is to NOT pay. This is amazing to me. I just got hit with a cute loophole in my insurance that screwed me for a month. But, If I threw some money at them, I'm sure they could find a solution to resolve the issue (which has already been resolved as of this rant, thankfully). I just got sick over the realization that it will never stop. Companies do it all to get that money from our pockets. Then, they do more marketing/selling, to get more money from our pockets...then still more......I realize they're in business to make profit. I/we get that. Is there no end to it??? .....there has to come a time when they just service the fucking customer for what we've already fucking bought, with no sales pitches and red-taped terms of use/regulations. Just seems like I should have all my money go right to the various fucking services I've contracted for, direct deposit-style...THEY would be very happy with that. Anyway, I'm shopping for new services because I've had it.....I can't wait to hear the sales pitches they'll use to get my business.....and I can't wait to hear the ways I can spend even more money with them down-the-line. This fucking country of consumerism, wow....it just keeps a rollin'. ~ZFJ

No comments: